所以開了這樣的交流帖

希望大家可以在這裡用英文交流

多多指教

謝謝
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

发表于 16-8-2007 02:02 PM | 显示全部楼层
A good suggestion! So, does it means that i can use eng to reply ? I worry that the editor will deduct my score for using eng in chinese cari.... anyway, who knows how to say "版主" in eng?
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 16-8-2007 02:27 PM | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 yen1988 于 16-8-2007 02:02 PM 发表
A good suggestion! So, does it means that i can use eng to reply ? I worry that the editor will deduct my score for using eng in chinese cari.... anyway, who knows how to say "版主" in eng?

of course you can use english to reply
I don't think our lovely "mod" will deduct our marks..
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 16-8-2007 10:50 PM | 显示全部楼层
‘mod’is the abbreviation for moderator?

I dont think there's a problem, since there's another page where everything's in Malay..
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 17-8-2007 12:33 PM | 显示全部楼层
We shall refer to the rules and regulations of this board. Well, it seems we are free to use english as we like in proper thread.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 17-8-2007 05:22 PM | 显示全部楼层
Alright,so let me start the ball rolling...who has watched the movie"ratatouille"? I would like to watch it this weekend but I afraid that it is a lousy movie.So, any comment about this cartoon?

...is it fine to talk about something unrelated to grammar?....I think entertainment or juicy gossip will be much more interesting....
回复

使用道具 举报

Follow Us
发表于 17-8-2007 10:28 PM | 显示全部楼层
I think we could talk about anything, be it serious things or entertainment.

But shall we help to correct problematic grammar mistakes? And should we try to write mistake-free sentences?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 18-8-2007 12:22 AM | 显示全部楼层

回复 #7 onenewman 的帖子

just try our best..
there's no point if we still using manglish here, isnt it?
but then i think a bit of lah,leh,mah etc is fine to express our meaning better...
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

发表于 18-8-2007 02:17 PM | 显示全部楼层
i like english,so come here chat.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 18-8-2007 03:10 PM | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 onenewman 于 17-8-2007 10:28 PM 发表
I think we could talk about anything, be it serious things or entertainment.

But shall we help to correct problematic grammar mistakes? And should we try to write mistake-free sentences?

I think we should try to correct each other's mistake so that we can learn from it.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 18-8-2007 08:43 PM | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 yen1988 于 16-8-2007 14:02 发表

does it mean

原帖由 yen1988 于 17-8-2007 17:22 发表
Alright,so let me start the ball rolling...who has watched the movie"ratatouille"? I would like to watch it this weekend but I afraid that it is a lousy movie.So, any comment about this cartoon?

Im afraid

原帖由 eggboy 于 18-8-2007 14:17 发表
i like english,so come here chat.

觉得so come hear  chat好像不对,不懂是不是。

没有其他意思,只是觉得希望大家可以学习到,你学习,我也学习。有需要纠正的,请别客气。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 18-8-2007 08:45 PM | 显示全部楼层
It has somehow become unnatural for me to surf the sites where everything is in mandarin, except Cari forum.

But for reading, I would be able to glance through the lines easily, be it newspaper or books while it is much slower for english newspaper or books.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 19-8-2007 12:09 AM | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 junkai 于 18-8-2007 20:45 发表
It has somehow become unnatural for me to surf the sites where everything is in mandarin, except Cari forum.

But for reading, I would be able to glance through the lines easily, be it newspape ...

so you mean for different thing you read better in different languages?
i think somehow true for me as well..it's just about getting use to it..

but usually when it comes to counting 123, we'll use our mother tongue..
there's once i had been speaking english so much (and almost no mandarin) for a year that i got so confused doing maths (sum).. what appeared in my mind was only the digit, not belonging to any language, something like 'maths' language..
kinda hard to express in words though...
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 19-8-2007 03:04 AM | 显示全部楼层
I kinda get what u mean here.

When we learn a language, it does not make it being part of us, but when we use it, it start to follow you when you think, when you talk or even dream. But your math language is not what I could imagine though.

"getting used" to it, right?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 19-8-2007 11:44 AM | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 junkai 于 18-8-2007 08:43 PM 发表

does it mean

Im afraid

觉得so come hear  chat好像不对,不懂是不是。

没有其他意思,只是觉得希望大家可以学习到,你学习,我也学习。有需要纠正的,请别客气。

Thanks for correcting my mistake....May I ask you another question? is there a plural form for 'mistake'?

I think it should be come here and chat...because there are 2 actions ...
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 19-8-2007 05:33 PM | 显示全部楼层

回复 #15 yen1988 的帖子

I think so. 'Mistakes' this word does exist.

I think you are almost right there. In my humble opinion, it requires a subject after the word 'so'.

I like english, so I come here to chat. -OR- I like english, so I come here and chat.
instead of
'i like english,so come here chat.'

It is sad that I hardly can master english yet.
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

发表于 19-8-2007 06:15 PM | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 junkai 于 19-8-2007 05:33 PM 发表
I think so. 'Mistakes' this word does exist.

I think you are almost right there. In my humble opinion, it requires a subject after the word 'so'.

I like english, so I come here to chat. -OR ...

I see....thanks.. I suggest you to buy eng newspaper.You can really learn a lot of things from it and  most importantly, it is very cheap...haha...
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 19-8-2007 06:22 PM | 显示全部楼层

回复 #17 yen1988 的帖子

I dont have the patience to go through newspaper... and I prefer portable books that I could bring onto my bed...

Well I think I need to watch more english movies.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 19-8-2007 06:48 PM | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 junkai 于 19-8-2007 06:22 PM 发表
I dont have the patience to go through newspaper... and I prefer portable books that I could bring onto my bed...

Well I think I need to watch more english movies.

Yup..watching drama can help us to brush up our listening and speaking skills.My biggest problem is speaking in eng....I prefer writing more than speaking and I think the most obvious hindrance for me is lack of self-confidence.....
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 20-8-2007 12:45 AM | 显示全部楼层

回复 #19 yen1988 的帖子

It's undoubtedly true that confidence is an integral part of mastering english. Well mere confidence does not help though. My worst in on the listening part...I don't understand why but I cant master it. While my writing, speaking skills have been improving very fast.

By the way, what make you lack of confidence?
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

所属分类: 人文空间

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

版权所有 © 1996-2023 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd (483575-W)|IPSERVERONE 提供云主机|广告刊登|关于我们|私隐权|免控|投诉|联络|脸书|佳礼资讯网

GMT+8, 20-6-2024 01:11 AM , Processed in 0.091088 second(s), 24 queries , Gzip On.